"One of the most recognized voices in
Guy Lambert is passionate about delivering the news to the community. With 20+ years of experience in news anchoring and directing, he is well known for his ability to work well in a team, and he excels at thinking quickly on his feet. Guy's knack for storytelling makes him an excellent fit for any news or entertainment environment.
As a current member of FOX 5’s Like It Or Not show, Guy regularly delivers on-air news and events pertaining to politics, entertainment and pop culture. He also supports the development of engaging story ideas and exciting content. In this role and his current position as the WPGC 95.5 news director, he posts to social media and web platforms regularly to drive audience attention.
During his tenure as a news anchor, he provided live air radio and television coverage of 9/11, Hurricane Katrina and the 2020 Global Pandemic. His on air personality and ability to react quickly to breaking news made him an ideal candidate to cover all of these tragedies.
Guy operates in excellence in everything he does, and he goes above and beyond to offer creative and witty ideas to every environment he enters.
Roles & Responsibilities
ANCHOR/REPORTER, WTTG FOX-5 DC
August 2018 - Present
· Co-anchor for weekday 8 p.m. newscasts (August 2018—March 2019)
· Promoted to position after four months of serving as talk show co-host
· Fill-in anchor for 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. newscasts
· Field reporting for major news events
· Special projects reporting
· Numerous public appearances, public speaking engagements representing station
· Contribute content to station’s online platforms via web, Twitter and Facebook
CO-HOST TALK/MAGAZINE PROGRAM “LIKE IT OR NOT,” WTTG FOX-5 DC
July 2018 - Present
· Promoted to co-host of weekly half hour talk show
· Provided edgy, controversial commentary, discussing the news of the week in politics, entertainment and pop culture
· Co-produce and write show
· Gather “Man on the Street” interviews/content for on-air
SPORTS ANCHOR/REPORTER, WTTG FOX-5 DC
December 2016 - Present
· Promoted to sports anchor and co-host of “Redskins Gametime” half hour Sunday morning show
· Co-host live, half hour NFL “Postgame Show” on Sundays following Washington Redskins game
· Anchor/Produce sports block for newscasts
· Cover the Washington Redskins
· Write, produce and anchor five-minute segment covering the NFL on Sunday mornings
NEWS DIRECTOR, WPGC 95.5FM/CBS RADIO, WASHINGTON, D.C.
November 2005 - Present
· Anchor hourly newscast weekdays from 5—9 a.m.
· Produce, write and edit copy for on-air delivery
· Host one hour community affairs talk show
· Direct and manage the successful start-up of a proactive community-based organization responsible for raising over $30,000 in a three-year period to assist disadvantaged station listeners
· Led cross-functional team integration promotions department and community affairs department with quick response procedures
LIFESTYLE CORRESPONDENT, WTTG FOX-5 DC
March 2015 - December 2016
· Delivered news with a twist as the reporter/host
· Provided original story ideas for on-air and produced segment
· Reported exclusively on Saturdays and Sundays for 8 a.m. newscasts
· Focused on lighter, feel-good lifestyle content
CNN TV POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT, WASHINGTON, D.C.
January 2009 - January 2011
· Provided insight on a variety of topics to an international audience on the “Lou Dobbs Show”
· Analyzed news stories of the day and deciphered relevance pertaining to viewing audience
· Conceived “hot topics” for discussion to increase audience appeal
1995 - 1998
UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA
1994 - 1995
ST. AUGUSTINE COLLEGE
Provide live television and radio coverage
WTTG FOX-5 DC
Co-hosted 2018 Emmy-nominated show Like It Or Not
Anchored World Series Parade for Washington Nationals
2001 & 2005
Provided live coverage of 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina with updates to numerous radio stations
Tricks of the Trade